Fencing Direct Secures Nationwide Sales with Orases Custom Solutions.
A new way to buy fencing online
In an industry traditionally ruled by either big box hardware stores or small mom and pop shops, Fencing Direct challenged Orases with bringing their fence product to a national audience online. Typically, buying a fence is a complicated process involving permits, surveyors, pushy salespeople, proposals, and guesstimates. By taking out the middleman—your “friendly” hardware store salesperson—fencing direct takes the guesswork and hassle out of buying a fence. The new website is a one-stop shop where you can browse products, design your dream fence, get a quote, and buy your fencing, all from the comfort of your home.
Redefining the fencing industry with a new brand, product, and technology
Fencing Direct came to us with a unique challenge: they were a brand new company looking to bring a disruptive technology to the fence-buying industry. They needed to establish their brand and launch an e-commerce site that could market their product to a virtually untapped audience nationwide, with the technology to showcase over 10,000 products. Not a small feat.
Orases created an efficient e-commerce site, with two key strategies in mind:
- Custom Product Development: Fencing Direct Fence Builder (FDFB)
- E-Commerce Capabilities: Secure payment gateway, customer profiles, custom pricing and promotion options, internal fulfillment integration, and more
Orases created a custom tool that allows buyers to replicate their home and yard areas to better calculate their fencing needs. The Fencing Direct Fence Builder (FDFB) lets you know what products you need, while the website automatically generates your quote and gives you buying options. Orases developed this custom fence-building product in only three months, while also implementing important e-commerce capabilities into the website’s platform.
- Stores 10,000+ SKUs
- Mass product import uploaded all SKUs into the site automatically
- Customer profiles store contact information, location, past orders, etc.
- Custom shipping software generates delivery costs based on location and shipping vendor
- Automatic pricing and promotion options depending on the customer’s location
- Ability to run reports by daily sales, promo codes, and more
- PCI Compliance
- SSL Secured
- Authorized.net Payment
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Custom Programming
- 24Watch® Business Suite
- Bootstrap Open Source
Customer-friendly, branded e-commerce site
Orases was able to deliver several custom solutions for Fencing Direct’s unique needs. The Fence Builder is the first truly interactive solution of its kind and is already proving to be a successful tool for Fencing Direct’s customers. Most importantly, as Fencing Direct continues to grow and do more business throughout the United States, the website will be able to keep up and continue to build right along with the company.